FIX: HP 4000/4050 "41.5 Printer Error", printer printing blanks

Discussion in 'HP' started by aardvark, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. aardvark

    aardvark Guest

    Hello everyone

    Just posting this in the hope of making it easier for someone else
    down the line - we have an HP LaserJet 4050 that suddenly started
    throwing a 41.5 Printer Error and printing blanks. The fix turned out
    to be very easy but if I hadn't figured it out it may have resulted in
    an expensive service call.

    My separation roller - the blue & grey roller in the paper tray - had
    moved out of place. I just pushed it back in place and it was fixed.

    Here's a page that has pictures of the separation and feed rollers on
    a 4000 series printer. The separation roller is part of the paper tray
    and is shown in the lower picture:

    http://www.printertechs.com/tech/mkinst/mk-4000-7feed.php

    Hope this helps someone.

    aardvark, Oct 1, 2003

  2. aardvark

    sbuhrow

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2014
    Messages:
    1
    Thank you so much. Sometimes one cannot see the forest for the trees. You just saved some of what little hair I have remaining.

    sbuhrow, Jan 11, 2014