    would that be?). It was the Card reader, once I disconnected that, XP
    install fine. Once XP was installed and patched, I reconnected the
    card reader and all is working fine.

    Rich Gomes, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Rich Gomes

    Ender Guest

    Thanks for posting your solution. Glad you resolved it! This is the
    second post I have seen where an OS install failed due to a card
    reader. I have seen several others that have failed due to USB
    peripherals that have been attached at the time of install.

    Nice detective work!

    Regards,

    Ender

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

    Ender, Oct 25, 2004