Fixed "fluctuating volume on AIW recordings" prob

Discussion in 'ATI' started by John Schuler, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. John Schuler

    John Schuler Guest

    Hi

    I fised my problem with fluctuating volume on AIW recordings. Another
    poster with the same problem had tried using a sound card instead of
    onboard sound without results. Unfortunately this put me off trying it
    myself. ATI advised reverting to the original drivers on the
    installation CD. I tried that, and several other driver versions. No
    luck.

    I disabled the C-Media 9739A onboard sound, installed the latest AIW
    drivers, and installed an old Sound Blaster PCI 128 sound card. No more
    fluctuating sound!

    The only problem I've found is that the volume on recordings is too low.
    I found a fix at:

    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/archive/t171269.html

    Search for the article "abrakadabra posted 2003 Aug 05 14:05" - there is
    a registry hack described, Fortunately, the registry retains the "Record
    Volume" value; the maximum though is 999 (hex) which is just right for
    me. You can set higher values but they will fall back to 999.

    John Schuler

    John Schuler, Feb 25, 2004

  2. John Schuler

    w989531 Guest

    Thanks very much for posting the link to the possible solutions for
    this problem. I shall get busy trying to fix my problem using the
    suggestions...

    w989531, Feb 28, 2004