FIXED! (SOYO KT600 Dragon Plus "Screamer problem")

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by WrAvEn, Jul 9, 2004.

  1. WrAvEn

    WrAvEn Guest

    It was my CPU shutting down on overheat. Thanks to PCNINJAS I went and
    checked the temperatures using the SOYO hardware monitor along with AIDA32
    and found the temperatures running at 68°C approximately. If the temps went
    higher the machine would emit a loud steady scream and shut down., I then
    would have to shut off the machine, unplug the AC power and wait a few
    moments and replug and restart. I went and purchased a VOLCANO 9 CoolMod
    heatsink and fan, removed the old heatsink/fan and installed VOLCANO. BIG
    difference now! Temps are running at about 36°C even under heavy loads.
    (It's a little loud, but the lighted fan is kool.) Cooling DOES make a BIG
    difference! Lucky I didn't burn my processor. Thanks again PCNINJAS for
    suggesting "overheated cpu or the fan stopped" you were right on - I'm a
    happy SOYO KT600 Dragon Plus user once more. This morning's data is
    reading........

    Sensor Properties
    Sensor Type ITE IT8705F
    Sensor Access ISA 290h