Fixing Toshiba 3000-S304 dim screen by smacking its bottom.

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by emelamud, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. emelamud

    emelamud Guest

    I have 2 year old Toshiba 3000-S304 which works fine apart from one
    really annoying problem. During first few seconds of start up the
    display becomes really dim, and the only way to get the brightness
    back is to power it off, and restart it. Sometimes this procedure
    needs to be repeated number of times, before it start with a normal
    brightness. I sort of gotten used to do this, but today it wouldn't
    listen to me. The damn thing just wouldn't go bright no matter how
    many times I tried to reboot it.

    I have been in contact with Toshiba Support and they don't seem to be
    of any use. Lucky for me, I found a post somewhere on the web which
    recommended removing the battery, unplugging the power supply and
    smacking the bottom of the machine couple of times. The post made me
    laugh, but I figured what the hell, I'll try it. To my shock it
    actually worked.

    The lesson of this story is : if you can't get your computer to work
    properly - use brute force on it.

    emelamud, Jan 13, 2004

  2. emelamud

    porkchops Guest