    not seem to be any command line switches to use with the unpackaged utility.
    any workaround would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you.

    Christopher Muto, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Christopher Muto

    David Casey Guest

    It's probably a safety "feature" on your laptop to ensure there is a steady
    supply of power while you do the BIOS flash. Did you lose the battery?

    Dave
    US Army Signal Corps!!

    http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

    Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!

    David Casey, Oct 15, 2004

  3. Christopher Muto

    Bill Joy Guest

    I don't know if this is a just a safety measure, or is not even possible.

    I have heard of a /forceit option when executing the flash. Another option
    I have seen is /jabil when forcing it to flash when it thinks it has an
    incompatible BIOS update -- maybe try it if the other option does not work?

    Since these batteries are available on eBay for only $40-50, it is probably
    not worth the risk of damaging your system.

    Bill Joy, Oct 16, 2004