    disconcerting none the less.

    TIA

    Eric

    Eric, Apr 30, 2004

  2. Eric

    Cuzman Guest

    " I have done nothing to the computer but flash the BIOS. "

    ....but in doing so, you have reset rhe FSB to 100 when it should be 133 for
    an Athlon XP 2400+.

    Cuzman, Apr 30, 2004

  3. Eric

    Wizard Prang Guest

    Flashing a BIOS normally resets all settings to fail-safe defaults.

    Prang

    Wizard Prang, Apr 30, 2004
  4. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Thanks for the information, so any ideas on how to fix it?

    Eric

    Eric, May 1, 2004
  5. You have checked that the CPU has the right FSB set for it?

    My 2500+ (166MHz FSB) would only run at 100 or 133 after a flash on
    my "very old" KT3, so I had to set the FSB (and using slower memory
    settings) manually to 166 to get the 2500+. It took me more than a
    few BIOS resets, but now it runs just fine.

    Rolf Egil Sølvik, May 1, 2004