    jumper to 2 3 and back to 1 2 and i even removed the battery but when
    i turn my system on i get no signal. Do i have to buy a new chip?

    Thank you.

    berdjmk, Dec 26, 2006

  2. berdjmk

    Davy Guest

    Flashing the bios alters the internal software, removing the back up
    battery only removes whatever is stored in it's memory, date, time
    & user settings.

    First step is to double check the bios version against version of the
    mobo, you can have the same model mobo but different versions.

    If the computer was running perfectly prior to the bios flash then I
    would suspect the flash is the cause of the problem, you should get
    bios POST or bios boot as many refers to with just bare bones, that
    is for bios to boot or boot to the bios screen you will need the CPU,
    Graphic card & RAMs all the rest inc. the hard drive can be
    disconnected, if all is well at this stage you normally get a message
    asking you to insert the disc with the operating system on ~ usually
    the hard drive.

    I think only way to cure a incorrect flash is to replace the bios
    chips .... I do believe I am right and will certainly be corrected,
    hoping someone will come along with first hand experience and maybe
    provide an easier solution.

    Maybe it's a good policy in getting mobos with dual bios chips, wonder
    why you wanted to flash the bios, could there be a clue here?

    Davy

    Davy, Dec 27, 2006

  3. berdjmk

    berdjmk Guest

    thank you i ordered a new chip. I was flashing it because the
    temperatures that my version of bios was providing was incorrect, i
    confirmed this with Abit. Is there any way i can buy a my bios chip
    with the latest version flashed, or do they come standard like that.

    berdjmk, Dec 28, 2006
  4. berdjmk

    Wes Newell Guest

    You might want to try this.

    http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/bootblock.html

    Wes Newell, Dec 28, 2006
  5. berdjmk wrote:

    | thank you i ordered a new chip. I was flashing it because
    | the temperatures that my version of bios was providing
    | was incorrect, i confirmed this with Abit. Is there any way
    | i can buy a my bios chip with the latest version flashed,
    | or do they come standard like that.

    Your new chip will come with the latest version flashed, if you did, in
    fact, order the chip directly from Abit.

    If you ordered from a 3rd-party company you will need to check with them.

    Jef

    Bird JanitorĀ®, Dec 28, 2006
  6. berdjmk

    Davy Guest

    I would imagine the bios chips would be pre-programmed, you got to
    appreciate different issues or versions of the same mobo may carry
    different software versions and it don't take much to kick 'Sods law'
    out of bed here.
    flashed, or do they come standard like that.

    Sorry can't help you on that one not knowing the Abit mobo's as I'm a
    Gigabyter, I always thought the bios chips was of SMD, Surface Mounted
    Device's which are usually soldered in with a blast of hot air rather
    than a soldering iron, they are replaceable though, might even be
    re-programmable in situ with a dedicated programmer.

    I don't think I would take the bios temperature too seriously but
    certainly as a guide or a datum line.... pretty sure CPUs are
    protected for over temperature if ran within their limits.

    Davy

    Davy, Dec 29, 2006