    about it being possible with a 5600 to but don't want to take any chances
    f##king up my vid card

    So is it possible????

    F.W.L. Janssen, Jun 5, 2004

  2. F.W.L. Janssen

    deimos Guest

    You can try it, but be careful as you're likely to fry it if your 5600
    is actually a low spec chip. My Jaton 5600 must have been from the bad
    yield bin, as it comes underclocked by default. Also you have to watch
    for the memory. Unless it's high grade RAM, you likely have some
    cheaper junk on there.

    If it's important to you then leave it well alone. Generally FX cards
    are running at high temps and clocks to begin with, so cards like the
    5600 are usually the chips that just couldn't make it as a 5600U. This
    is contarary to earlier practices where most chip yields were good and
    abou the same (such as the GF3 TI series), allowing a great deal of
    overclocking and rebranding potential.

    deimos, Jun 5, 2004

  3. Then i better wait untill i got enough money to buy the 6800

    Thnx

    F.W.L. Janssen, Jun 5, 2004
  4. F.W.L. Janssen

    Biz Guest

    Well, you say you already heard it was possible. You always take a chance
    in messing up your card if you try to flash it to something that its not.

    Biz, Jun 6, 2004