    Google ain't your friend.
    More privacy, no tracking.
    http://clusty.com/

    Tony Yarwood, May 23, 2010

  2. Tony Yarwood wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > Sorry to bother you all with this but I'm a bit flummoxed.
    >
    > Can't get Fn x F7 to work on my T30 running Win7 no matter how I press
    > them I end up with both the Laptop screen and the external monitor on.
    >
    > Any help greatly appreciated.

    Do you have all the ThinkVantage tools (including the hotkey drivers)
    installed?

    -Rob

    Robert Tomsick, May 23, 2010

  3. Tony Yarwood

    Tony Yarwood Guest

    On Sun, 23 May 2010 22:29:25 +0000 (UTC), Robert Tomsick
    <> wrote:

    >Tony Yarwood wrote:
    >

    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> Sorry to bother you all with this but I'm a bit flummoxed.
    >>
    >> Can't get Fn x F7 to work on my T30 running Win7 no matter how I press
    >> them I end up with both the Laptop screen and the external monitor on.
    >>
    >> Any help greatly appreciated.

    >Do you have all the ThinkVantage tools (including the hotkey drivers)
    >installed?
    >
    >-Rob

    Hi Rob

    Thanks for that, you're absolutely right I'm sure it's something like
    the hotkey driver. The bugger seems to be getting a Win 7 compatible
    driver, I've got ThinkVantage but it tells me I'm fully up to date and
    I've crawled all over Lenova's site but the manual downloads only
    seem to go up to XP.

    Gotta go to work, will try later, many thanks for your time and
    trouble.

    Best regards

    Tony

    Google ain't your friend.
    More privacy, no tracking.
    http://clusty.com/

    I block all posts from googlegroups. If you wish your thoughts
    to be seen by everyone you'll have to find a different method of
    posting.

    Tony Yarwood, May 24, 2010
  4. Tony Yarwood

    Horst Franke Guest

    In news:4bfa5daf$0$7319$ Tony Yarwood wrote:

    >>> Can't get Fn x F7 to work on my T30 running Win7 no matter how I
    >>> press them I end up with both the Laptop screen and the external
    >>> monitor on.

    Hi Tony
    looks like there is no more T30 support for Win7.

    See last link at bottom on the forum. May give best results?

    I found following pages
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/s...yind=0&operatingsystemind=49979&validate=true

    You must do a more indepth search on that.

    http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...earch?v=15&lang=en&cc=us&en=utf&q=hotkey&ff=1

    Second hit but the details don't talk about Win7.
    But there are 3179 hits.

    May be Lenovo does not have a new hotkey driver for Win7?
    Then I would look for a Vista driver.
    OR do a search on all Win7 results on Lenovo.

    On the other hand I also had previous BAD experience with that driver.

    What function should be resulted by Fn+F7?
    You said T30 screen and external monitor are ON!?

    I have a G40 with WinXP-Pro but could not yet check on that.
    If I boot it, it shutdowns immediately (may be of too much dust)?

    > Hi Rob
    > Thanks for that, you're absolutely right I'm sure it's something like
    > the hotkey driver. The bugger seems to be getting a Win 7 compatible
    > driver, I've got ThinkVantage but it tells me I'm fully up to date and
    > I've crawled all over Lenova's site but the manual downloads only
    > seem to go up to XP.

    What do You mean by a "Win7 compatible driver"?
    Is this a MS or a Lenovo message?

    http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...earch?q=hotkey&cc=us&lang=en&h=10&nf=26&ff=24
    presents only 1176 hits.

    http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...q=hotkey&cc=us&lang=en&h=10&nf=26&nf=35&ff=24
    presents only 431 hits.

    http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...q=hotkey&cc=us&lang=en&h=10&nf=26&nf=38&ff=24
    presents 85 hits.

    http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T61-and-prior-T-series-ThinkPad/T30-ThinkPad/m-p/73014#M23778
    could also be of any help?

    See also the forum search on "Fn+F7" with 297 posts:
    http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=Fn+F7

    "Presentation director" may also be involved? See posts on above link.

    Horst

    Horst Franke, Jun 9, 2010