    The LED remains on until I unplugged the cable.

    I tried to reset the CMOS, with no success. What should I do here?

    Thanks!

    Erwien, Aug 16, 2007

  2. Erwien

    Eric Parker Guest

    Erwien

    Have you tried taking the heatsink off, cleaning it of paste, cleaning
    the
    CPU of paste, then applying more paste and reseating the heatsink ?

    Eric

    Eric Parker, Aug 20, 2007

  3. Erwien

    gerrard

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,
    I am having the same problem. Have removed the cpu and cleaned etc. now put it all back in and repaired a vista installation. All seemed to have been cured but then "bang" off it goes with the red led on.

    gerrard, Aug 10, 2008