    - not sure whether the ATI 4670 would be capable of going in this
    machine having noticed that :-}

    TIA :)

    Colin Wilson, Jan 6, 2010

  2. Colin Wilson

    Justbob30 Guest

    Yes. I just ordered the Nvidia 240, it appears to be about the most
    powerful card you can use with a 300 w power supply...if I am not mistaken,
    the 4670 needs a more robust power supply than what came stock in your
    machine.

    Justbob30, Jan 6, 2010

  3. Colin Wilson

    Colin Wilson Guest

    Yes. I just ordered the Nvidia 240, it appears to be about the most
    I've since had a response on the Dell forums (their own site) and
    others have used the same combo without any problems, but it's a valid
    point so thanks for the reply !

    (I purposely looked for a lower-wattage card with a bit of kick, and
    it seemed to fit the bill)

    Colin Wilson, Jan 6, 2010
  4. Colin Wilson

    Justbob30 Guest

    Take a look at the 240, I too had decided on the 4670, power supply be
    dammed, but the reviews and specs on the 240 look pretty good...for the most
    part they seem to best the 4670.

    Justbob30, Jan 7, 2010