Font Book Oddity

Discussion in 'Apple' started by TaliesinSoft, Nov 4, 2007.

  1. TaliesinSoft

    TaliesinSoft Guest

    I am running Leopard on a MacBook Pro. I have a single administrator account
    and several user accounts. I normally run from one particular user account.

    Other than the system fonts all of my fonts are kept in a folder within the
    Shared user account and are accessible via Font Book as a library. (Libraries
    appear in the left column of Font Book above the list of collections.)

    Just above, in Font Book, the aforementioned library is an entry labelled
    "Computer". In all of my accounts, except the one I mainly use, when Computer
    is clicked upon what is displayed are the eighteen available system font
    families, the ones that are in the System library less the few fonts such as
    AquaKana which are reserved for system use. When I click on Computer from the
    mainly used account only five of the eighteen fonts are listed.

    As much as I can tell Font Book is set up identically for all of my accounts,
    both administrator and user. I'm baffled as to why there is this difference
    in the Computer list for this one account and would like to correct things so
    that the Computer list appears identical for all accounts.

    Any suggestions and/or cures will be greatly appreciated.

    TaliesinSoft, Nov 4, 2007

  2. TaliesinSoft

    TaliesinSoft Guest

    I've managed to fix the above problem but to be honest I'm totally baffled as
    to why the fix worked!

    Here's what I did.....

    I created yet another library at the Shared user level and this library
    contained all of my fonts including the "system" fonts. I then deleted this
    library and all was, gasp, well!

    TaliesinSoft, Nov 14, 2007