Font crossover between Classic and Panther

Discussion in 'Apple' started by lilydied, Sep 4, 2005.

  1. lilydied

    lilydied Guest

    This might be an Adobe specific problem, but it seems sensible to start
    here.

    I have Illustrator 5.0, which only runs in Classic. I have After
    Effects 5.5, which runs in Panther. I'm trying to create a text object
    in Illustrator to be imported into After Effects to use in an
    animation.

    The problem is, when I import the object into After Effects, it
    complains that the font used in the object is not available on the
    machine. This seems odd, because a duplicate copy of the specific font
    suitcase is in each of the Font folders (the one in the Classic "System
    Folder" and the one in Library/Fonts). (If it matters, the font in
    question is Bradley Hand ITC TT-Bold.)

    Is there an OS X font trick here for getting different the two apps to
    see the same thing?

    lilydied, Sep 4, 2005

  2. lilydied

    matt neuburg Guest

    What does Font Book tell you? Does it see both fonts? Does it say they
    are the same font? m.

    matt neuburg, Sep 5, 2005

  3. lilydied

    lilydied Guest

    Hm... Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "both fonts". It's one
    font, duplicated into two folders.

    However, Font Book tells me something curious, that Classic only has
    five fonts, and Bradley Hand isn't one of them. I don't understand
    that. When I'm using Illustrator in Clasic, it makes available a huge
    list of fonts, inclusing Bradley. And Bradley *is* in the Classic
    System Folder, along with scads of other fonts. What doesn't Font Book
    see them?

    lilydied, Sep 6, 2005
  4. lilydied

    matt neuburg Guest

    What kind of font / file is it? Not every Classic-type font / file
    format is compatible with Mac OS X, you know. m.

    matt neuburg, Sep 6, 2005
  5. lilydied

    lilydied Guest

    It's a TrueType font.

    lilydied, Sep 7, 2005
  6. lilydied

    matt neuburg Guest

    Maybe your font cache files have gotten out of whack; if so, it's time
    for you to run Font Finagler (and restart the computer afterwards). This
    may fix the fact that Font Book is not seeing your classic fonts. m.

    matt neuburg, Sep 7, 2005