    Anybody know how to fix this problem.
    Cheers
    L.

    Lorry, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Try right clicking on the toolbar, choose Customize..., then on the Toolbars
    tab, select the Formatting toolbar and click the Reset... button. Does this
    help?

    Josh Einstein, Oct 26, 2005

  3. Lorry

    Lorry Guest

    Hi Josh,
    Tried this same problem no fonts or font sizes show just a blank box you can
    cursor down. It is as though they are there but you cannot see the names or
    numbers. The same problem occurs on a colleagues Tablet using Office XP just
    wondering if its a XP tablet problem or an Office XP problem?

    Have run some tests of my own overnight and discovered the following: if
    you change the printer to print to (I used a pdf writer) the fonts appear but
    as soon as you cusor down the list they disappear again.

    Any suggestions

    Lorry, Oct 27, 2005
  4. I'm 99.999% certain it's not a Tablet PC problem but it sounds like you
    should do a Detect & Repair. You can access this from the Help menu. I
    couldn't find any knowledge base articles describing your problem.

    Josh Einstein, Oct 27, 2005
  5. Lorry

    Lorry Guest

    Nice to know it's not a Tablet PC problem as I am very happy with my tc4200.
    I have uninstalled Office XP and reinstalled it. I have also re-applied all
    of the patches +SP3. I have run the detect and repair. But the problem
    remains the same all Office XP applications work OK and display fonts & sizes
    in the formatting toolbar except for Powerpoint which shows lots of blank
    lines.

    I have been speaking to a colleague who has the same Tablet and the same
    problem. He hasn't uninstalled yet but just did the detect & repair - he
    still has exactly the same problem as me.

    We are now both getting desparate - the work around is to use the menu bar
    option to change font but its a pain so any other suggestions would be very
    welcome.

    Regards
    L.

    Lorry, Oct 27, 2005
  6. Lorry

    Chris H. Guest

    Lorry, you should post to one of the PowerPoint support newsgroups. They
    would be better for information directly on the program itself. I don't
    recall seeing the issue when I ran the Office XP suite on Tablets here, but
    that was a while back. You are running the Microsoft Office XP Pack for
    Tablet PC, correct:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...familyid=33790048-269b-4838-ab9e-74b64626a494
    Not that it should make any difference on the font display issue. :cool:

    Chris H., Oct 27, 2005
  7. Lorry

    Lorry Guest

    Thanks Chris will do! %-)

    Lorry, Oct 27, 2005
  8. Lorry

    Chris H. Guest

    If they figure out what's going on, it would be very nice if you could post
    the solution here so we'd all know. :cool:

    Chris H., Oct 27, 2005
  9. Lorry

    Lorry Guest

    If I find the answer to this I will post it everywhere cos I will be a happy
    bunny!!! ;))

    Lorry, Oct 27, 2005
  10. Lorry

    Chris H. Guest

    :cool: That would be nice.

    Chris H., Oct 27, 2005
  11. Lorry

    Lorry Guest

    Believe it or not but after many uninstalls and reinstalls of XP Pro and
    Office XP in addition to upgrading the graphics driver (this caused a whole
    host of other problems now thankfully rectified) and reinstalling all of my
    printers and scanner the problem remains. Give up? not me! the saga
    continues but with one noticeable improvement I can view the fonts & font
    sizes in the drop down!
    How? come I hear you ask......well...... after all the time I took in doing
    the reinstalls and rebooting more time than I can remember I lost my temper
    and clicked on the drop down box a dozen or so times and just like magic the
    fonts appeared - I chose one and it worked, I cursored down the list and they
    dissappeard - I doubled clicked on the drop down and they reappear, just like
    magic. I didn't believe it so went to my colleague (who has the same tablet)
    and just asked him to double click on the font drop down and yes it worked on
    his pc as well. His jaw dropped open - I was happy that it wasn't me going
    mad. So if you come across this problem just double click a few times on the
    drop downs and the fonts/sizes get displayed.

    It's not great but at least it is now possible to put a powerpoint
    presentation together without a lot of messing about through the format menu.
    We will now wait from the upgrade to Office 2003 and hope that the problem
    goes away. In conclusion, "two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts
    do".

    Enjoy!
    Lorry

    Lorry, Nov 8, 2005
  12. Lorry

    Chris H. Guest

    Chris H., Nov 8, 2005
  13. Lorry

    Lorry Guest

    %-) thanks for the reminder Chris additional Tablet PC functionality installed
    best regards Lorry

    Lorry, Nov 8, 2005
  14. Lorry

    Chris H. Guest

    Good deal!

    Chris H., Nov 8, 2005
  15. Lorry

    Jason Tsang Guest

    Jason Tsang, Nov 8, 2005
  16. Lorry

    Jason Tsang Guest

    I think I should learn to read first, before replying...

    Yeah, Office XP != Office 2003

    Sorry

    Jason Tsang, Nov 8, 2005
  17. Lorry

    Chris H. Guest

    Yes, however in this case we're dealing with Office XP (2002 version
    applications), so the add-on Office XP Pack is necessary.

    Chris H., Nov 8, 2005
  18. Hi guys,

    I finally found the reason.
    It is in fact a Microsoft Issue with the Tabtip.exe (TabletPC2005) in
    conjunction with Powerpoint XP SP3.
    Simply kill the Tabtip.exe in the Task Manager and the Toolbar will start to
    work again.

    The Issue is not related to any hardware. I was able to reproduce it on
    several different Computers. Just install the following:

    Windows XP Professional Tablet PC Edition 2005 (aka XP SP2)
    English/Multilanguage
    XP Multilanguage Pack German
    XP Tablet MUI Pack
    Office XP Prof. SP3
    Office XP MUI Pack German

    I don't currently know if this is somewhat related to the MUI Packs but this
    set surely WILL produce the problem.
    Also it doesn't help installing any further tablet PC addons. The Problem
    persists as long as the "tabtip.exe" is running.

    I will continue to search for an configuration problem in conjunction with
    the tabtip panel but if anyone already has a real fix i would be somewhat
    pleased.
    I hope microsoft will fix that in future but i don't count on it since this
    is the only article i found around the net related to this problem.

    regards,
    Mike

    Michael Hackl, Jan 27, 2006
  19. Lorry

    Chris H. Guest

    Chris H., Jan 27, 2006
  20. Thanks,

    it was a nice try but the new version of the tabtip didn't help as well.

    regards,
    mike

    Michael Hackl, Jan 27, 2006