For all you alien vs predator fans, avp2 film coming :) (trailer links)

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Aug 26, 2007.

  1. Skybuck Flying, Aug 26, 2007

  2. Skybuck Flying

    John Guest

    PLOINK

    John, Aug 26, 2007

  3. Go play the game.

    DORK.

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 26, 2007
  4. Skybuck Flying

    dr del Guest

    At the risk of seeming thicker than normal what game and where can I get
    info on it as I liked the trailer. **embarrassed look**

    dr del

    dr del, Aug 28, 2007
  5. Aliens vs Predator 2 the video game for PC's, google it :)

    Might be available for gaming consoles as well.

    Both films are based on these two games ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 28, 2007
  6. Skybuck Flying

    Les Steel Guest

    Here's me thinking they might be based on the Dark Horse graphic novels
    that pre-date the games.

    Les Steel, Aug 28, 2007
  7. Skybuck Flying

    dr del Guest

    Ah yes I loved that game - you had me all excited thinking they had made a
    new installment. :)

    I may have to did the disks out again in fact.

    dr del

    dr del, Aug 28, 2007
  8. The game was probably based on aliens, aliens 2, aliens 3, aliens 4,
    predator 1 and predator 2 films.

    (All the weapons and levels from the game can be seen in these films)

    Maybe the films were again based on your mentioned novels ? ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 30, 2007
  9. Skybuck Flying

    Les Steel Guest

    The AVP games came about because of the AVP graphic novels (1992
    onwards), which came about because of the fan base for Aliens, Predator
    et al.

    Well fucking duh, except of course for AVP and Predator movies which
    only feature the Predator weapons for obvious reasons. Oh and there are
    no Colonial Marines in the AVP movies :( for shame!
    Levels from what game are in what film? The AVP films are set on
    Earth, the games aren't.
    Which films? The new AVP ones? If so then yes they would be based on the
    concept same as the games were, except without the Marines.

    Les Steel, Sep 1, 2007
  10. Alien was released in 1979, way before your mentioned novel.

    The novel could be based on the older movies.

    It doesn't really matter what's it all based on :)

    I am just happy it's based on all kinds of stuff, because the stuff is great
    !

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 2, 2007
  11. Ok here some levels from the avp 2 game:

    Quarantine: Probably based on alien 1 where this guy with this alien on his
    face is quaratined in a similiar looking hi-tech facility.

    Some base level which I dont know the name of, dark at night, aliens come
    out at night, black stuff attached to walls, heat pipes here and there,
    steam: Probably based on aliens 2, where the marines land on a planet and
    found this damaged base and corridors of black stuff, steam pipes etc.

    The metal factory level: Based on aliens 3, the film shows this prison camp
    which used to be some metal factory if my memory survives me correct.

    In this game level there is also lava where you can die, and the corridors
    look similiar, and especially the doors.

    The spaceship level: Based on aliens 4, resurrection and even predator 2:
    the predator spaceship can be seen inside the collonial marine spaceship.

    Jungle/huts level: Based on predator 1, where the film starts in this base
    camp and all hell breaks loose.

    The other space level with the dropship: Based on aliens 2, at the start of
    the movie.

    This game has the best level ever seen in a computer game based on a movie.

    When I played the game I was amazed ! After 10 years of seeing the movie I
    finally had the chance to experience it myself and walk around all these
    levels.

    Truely amazing experience, and the levels are pretty beautifull done, and
    the weapons too.

    I really really really really really really really really really really
    really really really hope they make another aliens vs predator 2 shooter and
    I know 100% for sure I am not the only one ! =D

    Actually I believe aliens vs predator 2 is among the best shooters ever
    created it has pretty good value !

    3 campaigns: alien, marine, predator

    Many multiplayer levels,

    Many weapons: predator weapons, different aliens, different marine and
    collonial weapons.

    Good and nice sound: voices etc.

    Good atmosphere.

    Decent multiplayer code, could be a bit better though.

    Ok menu's.

    Gameplay not to great... bit dull... needs some more spice.

    For the time it was ok, but now I need some more SPICEY gameplay :)

    And newer graphics :)

    Like new gameplay ideas: Getting locked in a room together with a blood
    sucking alien, then one needs to fight with hands, while the others try to
    reach the room fighting aliens along the way to finally break through the
    bullitproof glass so that they can free the others....

    The others must fight off the face huggers/suckers long enough etc.

    More sneaking in the game, more unexpected things... like litte suckers in
    jars moving =D

    Scary shit :)

    Hiding places for aliens inside the black shit on the walls.

    Sticking people on your tail and swining them through the air while they
    scream in pain and call for god and jezus.

    Dripping slime on the ground, slime trails.

    Blood trails.

    Corpse, alien skin on the floor, the alien has grown and shed it's skin.

    Bones, skulls on floor (seen that before though in doom3 ;)) so that's not
    to original ;)

    Actually aliens vs predator is one of the few games that had actually blood
    trails, from the predator.

    It has green blood trails on the floor... that s cool.

    Infected players, who finally explode and the new born alien/player crails
    away from it.

    Jummy.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 2, 2007
  12. Oh yeah and I forgot one more value:

    Many different multiplayer modes ! Oh my god so many VERY NICE ! ;)

    Most of any game probably !

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 2, 2007