    please email directly (removing the spam blocker) or post a message.
    Thanks.

    -Brandon

    Brandon Jones, Aug 14, 2004

  2. Brandon Jones

    Wes Newell Guest

    Bwfore you do anything, you might want to read the link in the sig line. I
    assume your board uses the KT133 chipset.

    Wes Newell, Aug 14, 2004

  3. Brandon Jones

    adrenalin Guest

    I am in need of the A1400AMS3B. If i am understanding correctly you ar
    in need of the A1400AMS3C. If that is the case i can get ahold of th
    3C. We can do an even swap if you would like. So just reply to this o
    PM me and we can do the trade.

    Regards, addy

    adrenalin, Jul 27, 2005
  4. Brandon Jones

    Wes Newell Guest

    Just because your MB is limited to a FSB of 100MHz doesn't mean you are
    limted to Tbird cpu's. Any unlocked XP cpu should run fine at 100MHz FSB
    and a higher multiplier up to 2400MHz with a 100MHz FSB. This includes
    earlier XP's, all XP-M's, and all MP's. See link below.

    Wes Newell, Jul 27, 2005
  5. Brandon Jones

    adrenalin Guest

    So what speed of processor can i use in my Motherboard. It is a Trige
    Santa Fe, the original processor that was in it is dead. The origina
    processor is an AMD athlon 1400 (A1400AMS3B) 200 FSB. Now in th
    motherboard manual it states that it can use either an Athlon or
    Duron, but it doesn't state the Mhz (ex.1400 or 1.4 Ghz). So being tha
    i have a dead processor and in need of a new for this system, what on
    can i put in there. The Athlon 1400 is basically obsolete and i haven'
    been able to find the exact one that came out of my system. Once agai
    it is the Santa Fe KM-133 chipset (NorthBridge) Socket A motherboard
    So i am stuck with a PC that has a dead processor that is extremel
    hard to find and not knowing what one i can put in there to be able t
    have the system again.

    Your help will be greatly appreciated.

    Regards, addy

    adrenalin, Jul 28, 2005
  6. Brandon Jones

    uddarts Guest

    way to go. i still use my kt7a-r v1.3. i’ll have to play around with
    it somemore one day. i threw a 2400-tbred in it as an experiment a
    couple of years ago. i kept the 1900 in it because it does what it
    needs to do.

    ud

    uddarts, Jul 28, 2005
  7. Brandon Jones

    Wes Newell Guest

    The KM133 chipset is basically the same as the KT133 except it has builtin
    graphics, so you should be able to use any cpu you can use with a KT133
    chipset board, and that's basically any K7 cpu given limitations based on
    the multiplier and FSB speed. I can't find any info on the Trigem SantaFe
    KM board of any help, so you'll have to figure out what settings it has,
    etc. Assuming it doesn't have a multiplier, vcore, or FSB settings any K7
    cpu you put in it will default to multiplier x FSB (100MHz), so if you put
    a 2400+ in it it will default to 1500MHz (15x100, normal=15x133), or a
    3200+ would default to 1100MHz (11x100, normal=11x200). A 2500+ would also
    default to 1100MHz since it also uses an 11 multiplier x166. The good news
    is that if you have a multiplier unlocked cpu you can manually change the
    multiplier and vcore using several different methods, the pinmod probably
    being the easiest. The cpu below in the KT133 board is a 2100+ set to
    24x100 fro 2400MHz, although I wouldn't suggest you go that high for
    normal use. If your board has multiplier control, then any cpu with a
    multiplier of 13 or higher will likely default to a multiplier of 20x. If
    you want to know why, read my link in sig line. The only current unlocked
    cpu's are XP-M's and MP. XP's made before 0338 should also be unlocked.
    Don't get a cpu with a Palomino or Tbred A core unless you want to be
    limited to a max of about 1800MHz. Any Tbred B or Barton core should
    easily clock well over 2000MHz. Here's a link to the pinmod.

    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

    Wes Newell, Jul 28, 2005