    Is there an alternative to shipping the machine to a service centre with
    proof of ownership? It's entirely legitimately owned, but it would be good
    to save the cost and delay...

    Philip Herlihy, May 17, 2004

  2. Philip Herlihy

    nigel h Guest

    Get a password removal tool off ebay, they are around £12 and work very well
    check the list of machines it does but i think they do tpads
    HTH

    nigel h, May 17, 2004

  3. Philip Herlihy

    Tony Sutton Guest

    Tony Sutton, May 17, 2004
  4. Thanks!

    Philip Herlihy, May 17, 2004
  5. Thanks, Tony - I'd Googled extensively but hadn't thought of using the word
    "disable", which was more productive than "lost" or "forgotten"! It seems
    the Power-On password is quite easy to reset - the IBM hardware manual
    contains the instructions. Thanks again.

    Philip Herlihy, May 17, 2004
  6. Philip Herlihy

    Tony Sutton Guest

    No problem, do keep us updated with this.

    Tony Sutton, May 17, 2004