FREE: Floppy disks

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by leguerri@canr.hydro.qc.ca, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I have inhirited of a large amount of diskettes; more than I'll probably
    ever need, and I want to give them away to a good home. I don't want to
    trash them.

    I have:
    - About 150 5.25" floppies in 4 storage cabinets.
    Maybe there are 3/4 of them 1.2M, and 1/4 of them 360K.
    No errors, I read all the data from them with no problem.

    - About 150 3.5" floppies in 4 storage stackable drawers.
    Most of them are 1.44MB, and a few are 720K. Many are original disks.
    No errors, I read all the data from them with no problem.

    Just for the cost of postage.

    If you just want the diskettes in a compact box, I could send them w/o the
    cabinets. OR if you just want the cabinets, I could send them alone, to
    lower postage costs.
    However I'd give precedence to someone who takes all.

    Anyway, feel free to let me know your interests...

    Ah! I'm also looking for the following; in case you have:
    - Adaptor for floppy ribbon cable; 34-pin male <--> female card connector (
    to connect a 5.25" drive to a 34-pin ribbon cable)
    - Central Point Option Board (COPYIIPC): this is a card to copy protected
    diskettes
    - MicroSolutions CompatiCard (a special floppy disk controller)
    - Another special floppy controller (4 drives); please describe make/model...

    Thanks.
    Louis-Luc

    , Dec 19, 2003

  2. Bob Willard Guest

    wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have inhirited of a large amount of diskettes; more than I'll probably
    > ever need, and I want to give them away to a good home. I don't want to
    > trash them.
    >
    > I have:
    > - About 150 5.25" floppies in 4 storage cabinets.
    > Maybe there are 3/4 of them 1.2M, and 1/4 of them 360K.
    > No errors, I read all the data from them with no problem.
    >
    > - About 150 3.5" floppies in 4 storage stackable drawers.
    > Most of them are 1.44MB, and a few are 720K. Many are original disks.
    > No errors, I read all the data from them with no problem.
    >
    > Just for the cost of postage.
    >
    > If you just want the diskettes in a compact box, I could send them w/o the
    > cabinets. OR if you just want the cabinets, I could send them alone, to
    > lower postage costs.
    > However I'd give precedence to someone who takes all.
    >
    > Anyway, feel free to let me know your interests...
    >
    > Ah! I'm also looking for the following; in case you have:
    > - Adaptor for floppy ribbon cable; 34-pin male <--> female card connector (
    > to connect a 5.25" drive to a 34-pin ribbon cable)
    > - Central Point Option Board (COPYIIPC): this is a card to copy protected
    > diskettes
    > - MicroSolutions CompatiCard (a special floppy disk controller)
    > - Another special floppy controller (4 drives); please describe make/model...
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Louis-Luc

    May I suggest donating them to a neighborhood school? Business users
    may not want FDs anymore, but most schools have tight budgets and many
    are years behind the state of the art.
    --
    Cheers, Bob

    Bob Willard, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Bob Willard wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I have inhirited of a large amount of diskettes; more than I'll probably
    >> ever need, and I want to give them away to a good home. I don't want to
    >> trash them.
    >>
    >> I have:
    >> - About 150 5.25" floppies in 4 storage cabinets.
    >> Maybe there are 3/4 of them 1.2M, and 1/4 of them 360K.
    >> No errors, I read all the data from them with no problem.
    >>
    >> - About 150 3.5" floppies in 4 storage stackable drawers.
    >> Most of them are 1.44MB, and a few are 720K. Many are original disks.
    >> No errors, I read all the data from them with no problem.
    >>
    >> Just for the cost of postage.
    >>
    >> If you just want the diskettes in a compact box, I could send them w/o
    >> the
    >> cabinets. OR if you just want the cabinets, I could send them alone, to
    >> lower postage costs.
    >> However I'd give precedence to someone who takes all.
    >>
    >> Anyway, feel free to let me know your interests...
    >>
    >> Ah! I'm also looking for the following; in case you have:
    >> - Adaptor for floppy ribbon cable; 34-pin male <--> female card
    >> connector (
    >> to connect a 5.25" drive to a 34-pin ribbon cable)
    >> - Central Point Option Board (COPYIIPC): this is a card to copy protected
    >> diskettes
    >> - MicroSolutions CompatiCard (a special floppy disk controller)
    >> - Another special floppy controller (4 drives); please describe
    >> make/model...
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >> Louis-Luc

    > May I suggest donating them to a neighborhood school? Business users
    > may not want FDs anymore, but most schools have tight budgets and many
    > are years behind the state of the art.

    That or you could donate them to a central repository who would
    distribute them to schools which are in need of floppies. See
    www.floppiesforkiddies.org.

    "There will be no one to stop Jonathan Carpenter
    us this time." -Darth Vader <ROT13:>

    Jonathan Carpenter, Dec 19, 2003
  4. gauky

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    i would like to have a few i that is ok for my school project.

    gauky, Jul 21, 2010
  5. mwalker2011

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    I am a visual artist and I'm looking to use these as a part of an exhibition installation! Let me know if these are still available.

    mwalker2011, Sep 2, 2013