    PRAM to point to RxBD and TxBD in DPRAM."

    I am following the SPI Master programming example given in the user
    manual of MPC860 documentation. Thanks for any help

    learnfpga, Sep 11, 2006

  2. The I/O handling with BDs etc. on this processor is quite complex, so
    I suggest that you study some example codes to fully understand what
    is going on.

    Fortunately the BD handling is nearly identical on the UART channels
    (SCC and SMC) on the QUICC coprocessor. Various variants of the QUICC
    coprocessor is used on various MPCxxx processors as well as on the old
    Motorola MC68360, so there should be plenty of example codes.

    Paul

    Paul Keinanen, Sep 12, 2006

  3. learnfpga

    Hopla Guest

    Paul Keinanen a écrit :
    As you certainly read it in the user's manual, the adress of SPI DRPAM
    is located 0x1D80 over the DPRAM base address(itself located 0x2000 over
    IMMR address)
    So at address @IMMR + 0x3D80, you write on 16 bits the offset from base
    DPRAM address where your RxBD is located.
    Finally at address @IMMR + 3B82, you write, still on 16 bits, the offset
    from base DPRAM address where your TxBD is located.

    Olivier

    Hopla, Sep 12, 2006