From Dual View to single view

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Worleytogo, May 25, 2005.

  1. Worleytogo

    Worleytogo Guest

    I have a Geforce4 4200Ti and I was running two monitors with Dual View.
    Unfortunately, one of the monitors has gone pop.

    I have an application which I always had on the second monitor but
    always refused Ctrl-1 or Ctrl-2 to change monitors and there was
    nothing in the right-click context menu to change monitors. Dragging
    the window was the only thing that worked.

    I want to move this application back to monitor 1 but I can't seem to
    do it.

    I tried renaming it but it still starts on monitor 2.

    I uninstalled my Leadtek drivers and installed the latest v7 Nvidia
    drivers.

    When I select Profile Properties from the Quick Tweak tray icon the
    monitor goes blank and I can't get it back.

    Any suggestions?

    Worleytogo, May 25, 2005

  2. Worleytogo

    Rich Guest

    Good luck is all I can tell you, had this happen to me with Excel spread
    sheet tried everything I could to get it back to mon 1 what finally worked
    was a hope and prayer and moused over to where the old monitor was a few
    times and was able to drag part of it back to mon 1. Then resized in mon 1
    pressed shift and closed Excel and all was good after that.

    Rich

    Rich, May 25, 2005

  3. Worleytogo

    Spack Guest

    Have you definitely flipped the drivers back to single monitor mode?

    If so, start the app. Press Alt+Space together, and then press M (this
    brings up the window control menu, and chooses the Move option). You still
    won't be able to see it, but at least then you use the cursor keys to try to
    bring it back onto the desktop (if you remember roughly where it used to
    open, eg. if your 2nd monitor was on the right, use the left cursor key to
    drag it back to the desktop).

    The other way would be to find out where it stores it's window location
    co-ords and reset them. This could be in a configuration file (eg. .ini in
    the app installed dir), in the registry, or in some obscure binary file. The
    first 2 should be easy to adjust, the latter practically impossible.

    Dan

    Spack, May 25, 2005
  4. Worleytogo

    Worleytogo Guest

    Dan,

    Spot on with the Alt+space and M - it worked a treat.

    Cheers.

    Worleytogo, May 26, 2005
  5. Worleytogo

    Spack Guest

    Glad I was able help :)

    Dan

    Spack, May 26, 2005
  6. Worleytogo

    D. Powelson Guest

    Can't you just go to display settings, and uncheck "extend my desktop" or
    whatever the exact wording is from the second monitor? I run 6 monitors and
    this works for me.

    Dave P

    D. Powelson, May 29, 2005
  7. Worleytogo

    D. Powelson Guest

    I quit reading too soon. Guess you got it

    D. Powelson, May 29, 2005