    Does anyone know a rack that would function in that way please ?

    Regards
    HappyTheMan

    news.neuf.fr, Sep 17, 2005

  2. news.neuf.fr

    Bill Guest

    Take a look here: http://www.frontx.com/

    Bill

    Bill, Sep 18, 2005

  3. news.neuf.fr

    Paul Guest

    Page 20 of this specification shows the "standard" for the front
    panel audio connector. This is why it is referred to as
    "Intel compatible":

    http://web.archive.org/web/20040207...org/developer/specs/fpio_design_guideline.pdf

    Here is an example - the Asus J-Panel rack. Note the words
    "Intel front panel audio":

    http://www.office-trade.com/pdf/B99Z429.pdf

    You can build your own front panel drive bay interface,
    with parts from here. This is an expensive method.

    http://www.frontx.com/cpx110.html
    http://www.frontx.com/order2.html

    Here is an example of a Soyo product - Bayone Extreme

    http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/filedesc.php?id=2309

    Good ones are hard to find.

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 18, 2005
  4. news.neuf.fr

    Larry Guest

    I use the parts from www.frontx.com It works good and is good quality.
    It has a connector that plugs into the motherboard and leaves the rear
    audio connections just as they are. You can plug your headphones into
    the frontx and your speakers will be muted.

    Larry, Sep 18, 2005
  5. news.neuf.fr

    news.neuf.fr Guest

    Thanks a lot to you both :)