    to $89.00 + tax (including a 350 W PS)

    I do need front USB 2.0 connectors though.

    ZR

    ZR, Oct 3, 2003

  2. ZR

    Rick Guest

    There are two kinds of USB connections, simple pass-throughs
    and those that act as a hub. The first kind will either be USB1 or
    USB2 depending on the type of controller they're connected to,
    the second kind are either one or the other regardless of the type
    of controller they're connected to (although the effective speed is
    still determined by the USB controller).

    Rick

    Rick, Oct 3, 2003

  3. ZR

    ZR Guest

    The connector I saw were just USB connectors with short harness in
    their back.

    My question is - what is the difference between these simple
    connectors for USB1 vs. same for USB 2......???

    ZR, Oct 3, 2003
  4. ZR

    LeeBos Guest

    The connector I saw were just USB connectors with short harness in
    Usually none, except for shielding. USB 2.0 may not work without proper
    shielding.

    LeeBos, Oct 4, 2003
  5. Price sounds too high by about 40 bucks. Check out the Raidmax line from
    newegg.com. Sweet case, 10 internal bays, quite nice 350 watt power supply
    (do a google on Raidmax power supplies, pretty nice units), front USB ports
    (USB 1.1 or 2.0, depending on your choice of motherboards), all for $30.00
    plus $15.00 shipping - $45.00 total delivered price.

    Colon Terminus, Oct 4, 2003