Front Panel Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by A, Sep 29, 2003.

  1. A

    A Guest

    Hi,

    I'm a little new at this, so if it seems like I don't know what the hell
    I'm talking about, it is because it is so.

    I have a Gigabyte mb, but that's not really my problem. Problem is, the
    person that just sold this computer too me didn't hook the audio up
    properly when he built it. I've read through most of the mb
    documentation and I think I have a handle on what is going on in there,
    but I can't figure out what the pins on the front panel (USB, Firewire,
    Audio I/O) are.

    The case is a Powmax 1347 sel.

    http://www.directron.com/power1347.html

    The reason that I am assuming that it is not hooked up properly, is that
    when I plug into the rear headphone jack I get music in my left speaker
    and when I plug into the front headphone jack, I get music in my right
    speaker. The thing that continues to confuse me is that the rear port
    seems as though it is actually built onto the board. So, why would an
    incorrect hookup of the front panel cause this to happen on both ends?
    Hence, this may not be my problem. But, I won't know that until I figure
    out what all the audio pins on the front board represent.

    The layout of the front panel pins are as follows;

    R N W E B -----
    e o h m l >>>>>>>>>>> RXWXB
    d P i p a WXYYR
    o t t c -----
    r e y k

    W E Y Y R
    h m e e e
    i p l l d
    t t l l
    e y o o
    w w

    I've taken these colours from the harness that plugs into the front
    panel. It can only go in one way, so the problem is at the mb end where
    the wires split up and go on individualy.

    I've searched and searched and contacted the manufacturer to no avail.
    If anyone can help me oput or point me in the right direction, I would be
    forever grateful.

    Thx,

    Andrew

    Email is adweaver(remove no spam)@shaw.ca