    I noted in the Abit forum (after the fact) that I should just let XP
    take care of the drivers but that didn't happen.

    Any words of wisdom will be appreciated.

    Unknown, Dec 4, 2004

  2. ....but won't be forthcoming until you furnish us with at least a modicum of
    pertinent information.

    In particular knowing which motherboard you're on about would be handy.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Dec 4, 2004

  3. To be honest that's not particularly effective advice either. Windows
    Update's drivers can cause a rash of problems of their own, there's no
    reason why the drivers you got from Abit shouldn't work.
    Have you installed WinXP Service Pack 2? Vanilla XP doesn't support USB2.0
    so there may be some sort of issue there.

    Also, it's unclear from your description whether the front ports have
    actually stopped working, or whether they simply don't like the JumpDrive.

    The JumpDrive apparently doesn't work but what happens when you connect a
    USB mouse? What are the USB ports on the back doing amidst all this? Can you
    plug the JumpDrive in at the back?

    Richard Hopkins, Dec 4, 2004
  4. Unknown

    Unknown Guest

    Yes SP2 is installed. XP with SP1 will run USB devices but at the 1.1
    speed. I have three other computers without SP2 and they have no
    problem with these jump drives but they do tell me they are running at
    a slower speed when I plug the drive in.
    They don't like either of two different jump drives.
    The USB ports on the back have no problem with either of the two jump
    drives.

    I don't have a USB mouse but I did try my USB card reader (for my
    camera cards) and that doesn't work either. The port knows something
    was plugged in as a message comes up "USB device not recognized". The
    small print on that message balloon says that the device is
    malfunctioning but all of these devices work on any of four other
    computers.

    Re: your other post the MB is an Abit NF7-S.

    Thanks for your help.

    Unknown, Dec 5, 2004