    are-- primed with excitement and ready to spew out the latest whiff of
    rumor, hot tip, hopes and fears over what Apple will be announcing.

    Let the games begin...

    Travis Bickle, Jun 10, 2012

  2. Travis Bickle

    Alan Browne Guest

    My favourite game is - *plonk*

    Alan Browne, Jun 10, 2012

  3. Or so the rabid anti-Apple crowd likes to think.

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 11, 2012
  4. From the purple hue of the prose, I'd say the OP is the one that will
    have to clean up with Kleenex. Hope he didn't get any on the screen or
    keyboard.

    Michael Vilain, Jun 11, 2012
  5. Travis Bickle

    Davoud Guest

    Travis Bickle:
    Engraved aluminum? Do you think that I am a peasant, a serf? My
    keyboard is fire-gilded 18k gold on sterling silver with lapis lazuli
    inlay.

    Davoud, Jun 11, 2012
  6. Not anti-Apple at all. Household gear includes an iMac, MacBook, iPod, 2
    Shuffles, 2 iPads...

    Just find it amusing that people fight with each other to post the
    latest rumor about how many sheets of toilet paper Tim used after his
    morning dump.

    Travis Bickle, Jun 11, 2012
  7. Travis Bickle

    Davoud Guest

    Travis Bickle:
    Two people in the household. Nine Macs, three iPads, two iPhones, two
    iPod Touches, two Time Capsules, two AirPort Extreme base stations...
    What you say is true. But this kind of fascination isn't limited to
    Apple. It's a reflection of human nature. A less visible group of
    people gets excited and begins exchanging rumors and speculation when
    the Johnson Wax Co. is preparing for a product announcement. Not to
    mention what happens with the auto industry, particularly the Frankfurt
    show, with the main difference that the auto industry prefers to leak
    info--sometimes conflicting info from the same company--to build
    interest and enthusiasm.

    I'm not exempt from curiosity by any means, but I admit that I don't
    hang on every word at WWDC or various keynotes. Perhaps not any word,
    because I would not have known that WWDC was this week had it not been
    for this thread! As it happens, I've got a busy week planned (busy by
    geezer standards, that is) and I won't change my plans to watch
    keynotes or read minute-by-minute blog updates. Anything big will be in
    the NYT tomorrow.

    Davoud, Jun 11, 2012
  8. Travis Bickle

    Warren Oates Guest

    What? Where? I must have missed that; we're in dire need of some new
    floor polish ...

    Warren Oates, Jun 11, 2012
  9. Or on this newsgroup no later than noon, Pacific Daylight Time. ;)

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 11, 2012
  10. Travis Bickle

    Davoud Guest

    Davoud:
    Warren Oates:
    Didn't I say it was a *less* *visible* group?
    Sorry, but it's not a floor polish. I can't be specific due to my
    Johnson's Wax NDA, but think of the convenience and comfort of living
    your entire life in a large Ziploc bag.

    Davoud, Jun 11, 2012
  11. I rest my case...

    Travis Bickle, Jun 11, 2012
  12. What confused him is that the company's actual name is S.J. Johnson &
    Company, not the Johnson's Wax Company, even though most people say the
    latter.

    But didn't you break your NDA by saying it's about Ziploc?

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 11, 2012
  13. I rest my case...[/QUOTE]

    Get a sense of humor.

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 11, 2012
  14. And LED lighting, for the love of Mike....(though I never understood why
    it'd be Mike.)

    OK, color me a fanboi, I will be receiving a new retina MBP this week. I
    fail on the test of cool keyboards, however. Not even a bluetooth one.

    John McWilliams, Jun 11, 2012
  15. I'm (im)patiently waiting for the new iMacs.

    -- Michelle

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 11, 2012
  16. Travis Bickle

    Bread Guest

    Doesn't just hanging out in this newsgroup constitute evidence that one
    is more than passingly interested in these things?

    Of *course* it's to be discussed first thing here. That's what here is
    here for.

    Coming here and then pointing out that the folks here are going to be
    interested in the news is just silly.

    Then, so it responding to this thread, so I'll rest my case there.

    Bread, Jun 11, 2012
  17. Travis Bickle

    Bread Guest

    I'll be dropping into the local Apple store in the next day or two to
    take a look.

    Frankly, I was hoping more for an announcement regarding iMacs, since
    the machine that I've got which is oldest and most likely in need of
    updating is one of them.

    I've been thinking of replacing my old Core 2 Duo MBP with a 13" MBA,
    though - same screen resolution, much faster processor. Only real
    trick is that limited storage on the SSDs. I could probably squeeze
    into 256GB, though the MBP's 500GB drive is currently using about
    360GB. A tricked out 13" MBA (with 512GB, 8GB and the i7 processor)
    comes out to $2200 now. That's less than I paid for this MBP, and a
    very much faster and more capable machine. I guess I could do that and
    toss the old iMac and stick the current MBP onto a stand and leave it
    there in place. Might as well, since the battery on this thing only
    goes about 20 min. anyway. Tempting...

    Bread, Jun 11, 2012
  18. That's just a fake rumor. It's actually a new brand of Glade.

    Thomas R. Kettler, Jun 11, 2012
  19. Me too.

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 11, 2012
  20. Except for the trolls, that is. They are the most interested in these
    things.

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 11, 2012