  1. nokturtle88

    nokturtle88

    My computer is about 1 year old. im not very computer savy, but im pretty sure its not overheating. i have a dell inspiron 1525 laptop. wndows vista. i am well aware that a known problem with vista is that it kicks the wireless internet aircard but it does not seem to be doing that here. my internet seems to be running just fine. i play a mmorpg on it and some light internet surfing. it freezes randomly. all but my mouse freezes. i cant cntrl+alt+del and i cant click on anything though my cursor is free to roam. i end up having to press my power butting to completely shut off. when i start it back up it runs fine. eventually it will freeze up tho. it barely started doing this. i think its day 3. do i have a virus? or should i update a certain driver? i tried to do just that. but im not sure what driver or if im looking in the wrong direction. please help!

    nokturtle88, Oct 5, 2010
  2. nokturtle88

    nokturtle88

    bluescreen event

    okay, a couple times now it suddenly froze and quickly shut off but not before a blue screen comes up with a bunch of stuff i cant read in time. when it starts up it runs fine and my error log calls the problem Event Blue Screen. any solutions? i sysytem restored to a previous point before some auto updats for windows dowloaded. the freezing stopped. havent had many problems since but it just the calm before the storm?

    nokturtle88, Oct 8, 2010