    help files.

    Is this a common problem? If so has anyone figured out a solution?

    Mike

    Mike Marquis, Sep 20, 2008

  2. Mike Marquis

    Bob Levine Guest

    I've found it helpful to have a password on the machine that needs to be
    shared.

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Sep 20, 2008

  3. Mike Marquis

    Mike Marquis Guest

    I was trying to avoid that. If I have to I guess I would have to. What type
    of password? Windows logon? Is it different for Vista vs. XP machines?

    Mike

    Mike Marquis, Sep 20, 2008
  4. Mike Marquis

    Bob Levine Guest

    Yes. No.

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Sep 21, 2008
  5. Mike Marquis

    Ben Myers Guest

    The password requirement must be Microsoft's misguided idea to improve network
    security in Vista. Definitely overkill for home networks. A mandatory
    requirement for most company/enterprise networks... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Sep 21, 2008
  6. Mike Marquis

    Scott Davis Guest

    Do you use Kaspersky anti-virus (KAV) or internet security suite
    (KIS)? I had network problems under XP using KAV until I increased
    the IRPStakSize to (decimal) 17. This registry value can be found
    here:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters

    Scott Davis, Sep 21, 2008
  7. Mike Marquis

    Bob Levine Guest

    Yup!