    T30 X30 X31 - 3 cD sET @ £19.50
    t20 t21 t22 t23 2 CD SET @£18.50

    Thanks

    Phil, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Phil

    I.P.Freely Guest

    er... isn't that illegal? Also being a company, judging from your email
    address, Microsoft are likely to descend on you from a great height for
    flogging copies of their operating systems without licences.

    I.P.Freely, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Phil

    jasee Guest

    It may or may not be illegal as they will only work on selected IBM
    machines, which would have been supplied with a licence anyway, but it not
    cheap for cdrs!

    jasee, Jan 2, 2005
  4. Some of the above machines were discontinued before Windows XP was
    launched. How can you restore to factory settings then ?

    Martin Slaney, Jan 2, 2005
  5. Phil

    I.P.Freely Guest

    IANAL but I seem to recall that supplying any MS O/S without a COA
    accompanying it is illegal.

    IBM have even stopped bundling retore CDs with laptops and PCs now and you
    can only obtain them by contacting IBM while the hardware is still under
    warranty and requesting a disc.

    Strangely enough Compaq and Dell are the complete opposite, they do provide
    restore CDs with their systems but will not provide aftermarket operating
    system CDs if you lose the original. Though Compaq will send you a system
    restore CD which partitions the hard drive etc but needs the O/S CD to go
    with it.

    I.P.Freely, Jan 2, 2005
  6. Phil

    J. Clarke Guest

    Depends. If the OS is keyed to IBM BIOS or requires activation then they're
    just selling distribution media, not licenses. If he had the NT restore
    disks for Intellistations I'd be interested in one myself--IBM doesn't
    provide those anymore and I've got one that needs a system restore.

    J. Clarke, Jan 2, 2005