FS: LAPTOP CAR & AIR POWER ADAPTER DC-DC car 12->16VDC $2 WORKSw/ANY LAPTOP (16VDC, 60W, this plug

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Stars@nyc.rr.com, May 25, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Posted on Ebay, item# 330332840727 Goto www.ebay.com & enter this
    item# 330332840727 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW
    OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending.
    Reply either here or via Ebay; but note: I can only take Ebay listing
    off to sell privately if there're NO bids currently & if Ebay permits.
    If you're one of those who still have no idea of Ebay, we can simply
    wait until listing expires (a few days) so I will sell thru
    Craigslist.
    PLEASE - read description on Ebay, do NOT need an account to read
    postings there (just enter item# in search window)
    Here'is a rough copy of it, but it's best to see Ebay ad.

    Car & Air Adapter for IBM/Lenovo (Thinkpads); or ANY 16Volt (upto
    60Watt power out) powered laptops using a similar DC plug end
    connecting to laptop. The other end plugs into standard 12Volt car
    outlets + Airplane adapter is also included (shown on other photos, as
    explained below).
    NEW (never used) but I've misplaced original box (carton), been stored
    in my garage. Reason to sell: I switched to HP laptops shortly
    afterwards, and my large CAD/Engineering workstation-type of laptops
    use a different voltage & plug. Whether your laptop accepts 16Volt &
    what power/current is upto you to check - you may simply look at your
    current AC adapter's labeling and if it's a similar voltage, and equal
    or LESS power output, then this adapter will also fit. Note: you
    cannot damage modern laptops with a wrong DC power, there're several
    protection circuits, unless that DC power is immensely high & fast
    acting spike.
    Or Google for this part#: SYD1109-6016

    BEST to LOOK at PHOTOS, INSTEAD of READING WORDY DESCRIPTION:
    SEE PHOTOS at MY WEBSITE, CANNOT POST HERE MORE than 1 PHOTO as EBAY
    CHARGES FEES for EXTRA PICTURES!: Please visit:
    http://photos.starium.org --> select Gallery (folder) --> "Computer
    parts & supply".

    What is the reason to use such adapters? Because the alternative
    (besides risk of battery running out when you travel) is a car DC-AC
    adapter into which your normal laptop AC adapter may plug.
    However in this case you end up hauling TWO adapters (DC-AC, AC-DC),
    paying far more than 10-15 dollars I am asking, and DC quality out of
    such double-conversion might be less than out of DC-DC; though it
    depends on design. In any case it will be bulkier and costlier than a
    single Car & Air adapter, like the one posted here. I cannot use for
    my CAD HP laptop, but if anyone is using IBM, etc 16Volt laptops, it's
    a good adapter; hence selling. The only complain I'd have is that DC
    cable is a bit rigid (fat) but that's to carry high current, so
    electrically it's reasonable.
    Tech specs:

    Sunny ComputerTechnology, Ltd
    Model# SYD1109-6016 <==== YOU CAN GOOGLE/SEARCH INTERNET for MORE
    INFO.
    Input: 10-15 VDC (can be pulsating/"dirty")
    Output: 16 VDC, 3.75A (cleaner) standard IBM or other laptops plug
    (round, see photo).
    Power output (max): 60 Watt
    Load regulation: +/-5%
    Protections: output short-circuit, safety current limiting, under &
    overvoltage, internal temperature limiter, automatic reset after
    abnormal conditions listed earlier are returned to normal
    Weight: 5.29 ounces
    Dimensions: 106.5 x 50 x 32.5 MILLIMETERS

    CE/FCC Safety Regulations compliant.
    Also was marketed by IBM/Lenovo awhile ago.
    Personal note: if your car is cheap & missing Battery monitor, and you
    get carried away working on a laptop plugged into car 12Volt outlet;
    just don't forget to run engine occasionally to re-charge it in case
    your laptop happens to be power-hungry, though laptops today are VERY
    LOW POWER consuming devices; so maybe it's an excessive precaution.
    Also as I said Airplane adapter plug is included, see
    photos.starium.org

    , May 25, 2009