FSB 100MHz, cannot change to 133MHz - Asus A7V8X-MX AMD 2000+ HELP!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Amy, Dec 20, 2003.

  1. Amy

    Amy Guest

    Hi,

    I hope someone can help. I purchased two Asus A7V8X-MX motherboards
    recently along with two AMD XP 2000+ CPUs and two sticks of 256MB
    DDR-RAM at 333MHZ.

    What's happening is that the CPU speed is showing up as 1250MHz (some
    kind of default I believe) when it should be 1667MHz. In the BIOS, the
    FSB is 100MHz when it should be 133MHz. Here's the problem. I cannot
    change the FSB as it is locked out in the BIOS and the switches on the
    motherboard to manually set it to 133MHz just cause the computer not
    to show anything on the monitor (I don't know if it's booting or not,
    but the computer does power up but does nothing more, no beep codes
    and no image on the monitor or hard drive activity).

    It has to be something with the motherboard as I have changed
    components with ones I know that work (I have another machine running
    an AMD 2000+ and Asus A7V8X-X motherboard which works great at 1667MHz
    with same brand of DDR-RAM as the other two) such as the power supply,
    CPU and RAM. I have even flashed the BIOS with the latest version and
    gone as far as resetting CMOS but nothing works.

    Does anyone have any more suggestions? Thanks.

    Regards,

    Amy

    Amy, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Amy

    The Old Guy Guest

    Check the manual that came with the mainboard, in there you will find
    how to set the DIP switches to the FSB that you need. Board is set at
    100 mhz FSB as factory default

    The Old Guy, Jan 5, 2004