    Both have their official limit at 166 MHz.

    Any idea?

    Stephan

    Stephan Huber, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Stephan Huber

    Ben Pope Guest

    Don't run them in synch and see if you can get either above that value.

    It's kind of academic anyway... you're unlikely to get much further with a
    1.03 and running RAM and FSB out of synch usually has no gain in
    performance.

    To be honest you have one of the oldest boards there, most retail boards
    started at 1.04.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Oct 24, 2003

  3. Stephan Huber

    Minotaur Guest

    That's a pretty good overclock for that motherboard revision.
    The CPU is more than capable, perhaps it is you're RAM?
    Tried increasing the voltage up to 2.7 on the RAM?
    1.75VCore I would guess would be enough for the CPU, I used that here
    for 2200MHz on this Barton XP-2500.
    Bottleneck for the motherboard won't kick in until apx 198FSB, from
    BIOS 1003 onwards they retarded FSB performance for 200FSB
    compatibility. I would try for 195-197FSB with he above mentioned
    settings. Other than that, not knowing you're memory well off hand, you
    should investigate what other slower timings are good for it @ 200FSB.
    Lastly, keep RAM @ 100% always...

    Good luck

    There is no such thing, at this date of the world’s history, in America,
    as an independent press. You know it and I know it… The business of the
    Journalist is to destroy truth; To lie outright; To pervert; To vilify;
    To fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for
    his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this
    toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals for rich men
    behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and
    we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and or lives are all the
    property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes.
    – John Swinton, former Chief of Staff, The New York Times, circa 1880

    Minotaur, Oct 25, 2003