FTDI4232H & DAC problem

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by averwind, Jan 28, 2013.

  1. averwind

    averwind Guest

    Earlier I was able to interface with a ADC (ADS7871) using the SP
    interface provided by FTDI. It was really a struggle but that it is workin
    quite good now.

    Now I am trying to interface with a DAC which is AD5420AREZ from Analo
    Devices
    http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/AD5410_5420.pdf )
    The pin assignments are as follows:

    ADBUS0 -> SK = Serial Clock - Connect to AD5420's SCLK (Pin-8).
    ADBUS1 -> DO = Serial Data Output (MOSI on slave device) - Connect t
    AD5420's SDIN (Pin-9).
    ADBUS2 ->DI = Serial Data Input (MISO on slave device) - Connect t
    AD5420's SDO (Pin-10).
    ADBUS3 -> CS = Chip Select for slave device - Not used on AD5420 so no
    connected
    ADBUS4 -> GPIO-1 - AD5420's /FAULT (Pin-3).
    ADBUS5 -> GPIO-2 - AD5420's CLEAR (Pin-6).
    ADBUS6 -> GPIO-3 - AD5420's LATCH (Pin-7).
    ADBUS7 -> GPIO-4 - Not used.

    These assignments should be working fine but please let me know if you se
    something wrong.

    My biggest problem is I do not know how to control GPIOL pins and there ar
    no GPIOH pins for FTDI4232H. I have no idea how I can SET the LATCH/CLEA
    signal or how I can read the /FAULT signal.

    The following is what I based my code on for reading from ADC.

    http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Doc...ogrammers_Guide_for_High_Speed_FTCSPI_DLL.pdf

    Thanks

    averwind, Jan 28, 2013