    ordered specifically or does it come standard?

    Best regards,

    Henrik Dahl

    Henrik Dahl, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Henrik Dahl

    Chris H. Guest

    Henrik, the would check the specifics on the Fujitsu site itself:
    http://www.fujitsu.com/global/ It may depend on where you are whether it
    is a standard or optional feature.

    Chris H., Nov 28, 2004

  3. Henrik Dahl

    Metavalent Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/544lk
    Technical Specifications
    Stylistic® ST5000D Tablet PC
    SECURITY
    Trusted Platform Module (TPM); dedicated SmartCard reader slot;
    biometric fingerprint swipe sensor; Fujitsu Security Application Panel;
    Kensington lock slot

    Here's a pic of the fingerprint swiper, although I haven't heard any
    direct feedback on how well this works. http://tinyurl.com/5o6kv

    The "D" series simply means all the 802.11's ... a, b, and g.

    Metavalent, Nov 28, 2004
  4. Henrik Dahl

    Floridadomer Guest

    I just ordered 120 of them and I had to order them as an add on. I just
    received my first 5020 about 3 days ago and the fingerprint reader has been
    pretty good so far. It asks you tell to choose two fingers to program.

    Floridadomer, Dec 4, 2004
  5. Henrik Dahl

    Henrik Dahl Guest

    Hello!

    So you're very lucky. Unfortunately I've got the information straight from
    Fujitsu, that they do not want to deliver one with a fingerprint reader as I
    only want one copy, but without a fingerprint reader there are no
    difficulties.

    Do you generally like the 5020?
    Is it reasonably fast?
    Is the harddisk reasonably fast?

    Best regards,

    Henrik Dahl

    Henrik Dahl, Dec 12, 2004
  6. Henrik Dahl

    Floridadomer Guest

    Hank,
    If you want to e-mail me I can get you in touch with our 3rd party vendor
    and see if he can get you what you want. I have had the ST5000 for about
    three months and really liked it. I have tested 4 other tablets in the past
    year and the ST5000 by far was better. I was told that the improvement of the
    on board cache on the processor was going to make the ST5020 even faster. I
    can not see any difference at all but it still is a great slate.
    Dean

    Floridadomer, Dec 12, 2004