  1. Whenever I run an application full screen, I get a black screen. Any
    idea how to fix this?

    I am on GNU/Linux.

    Daniel Berger, Dec 23, 2010

  2. Daniel Berger

    ShadowTek Guest

    Are you running multiple monitors?

    ShadowTek, Dec 24, 2010

  3. Running just one Monitor.

    Daniel Berger, Dec 25, 2010
  4. Daniel Berger

    Paul Guest

    Checks:

    1) Google name of application. See if any bugs have
    been filed against it, for that behavior.

    2) What XWindows extensions does the application use ?
    What extensions are called in full screen mode ?
    XV or Xinerama ?

    3) xdpyinfo (shows compiled in extensions)
    /var/log/Xorg.0.log (shows XWindows startup)
    dmesg | less (may report early driver issues)
    (something related to kernel mode
    setting [KMS] for graphics)

    4) Do you have source ? Can you turn on debugging in
    the application ? One movie player I tried to work
    on, had to be fed "debug" to ./configure, to get a
    tool with some printf's at runtime.

    Posting to a Linux group, is likely to get you
    an answer faster.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Dec 25, 2010