Fuzzy Display

Discussion in 'HP' started by Pat in Atlanta, May 8, 2006.

  1. I have a new HP. The monitor is HPvs19e. The display is fuzzy and I have
    no idea how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

    Pat in Atlanta, May 8, 2006

  2. Pat in Atlanta

    Ben Myers Guest

    First, look at the Display settings under Control Panel and try different
    resolutions and scan frequencies (60, 70, 72, 75, 85, etc Hz). If that does
    not fix the problem and if still under warranty, take it back to the place where
    you bought it... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, May 8, 2006

  3. Strange thing is I have a similar problem with the same monitor. Not so
    much that the display is fuzzy, it isn't. It's the text seems thin and hard
    to read on certain backgrounds. Not sure it's me (getting older and eyes
    being weaker) or having the graphics set for 1280x1024. 1024x768 seems
    perfect. Probably will use that for default and change if I am doing post
    processing.

    Michael N. Paris, May 8, 2006
  4. My display is fuzzy. It's like the text would look if you were writing with
    a ballpoint pen that is running out of it.

    Pat in Atlanta, May 8, 2006
  5. Not so easily done. My husband and I are senior citizens with disabilities
    and had to pay someone to set it up for us. This unit came as a package and
    would have to be taken apart, reboxed, rebought, and then set up again for
    an additional not small sum of money.

    Pat in Atlanta, May 8, 2006
  6. Pat in Atlanta

    Ben Myers Guest

    Well, I hope that good quality used monitors are as inexpensive down there as
    they are here. I would then consider replacing the monitor. I doubt that the
    problem is the system hardware. Maybe your local senior citizens center has
    someone to help? Or a local school that has kids doing public service work as a
    requirement to graduate from school, like in our town... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, May 9, 2006
  7. Pat very similar, other then that, monitor is fine. I did some adjustments
    with font sizes and it seemed to help.

    Michael N. Paris, May 9, 2006
  8. Pat in Atlanta

    tdkerner

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    HPvs19e - Mine is a different problem with the monitor

    The monitor base holds the monitor up from the desk 2 1/4". This monitor sits up so high, to look at the monitor hurts my neck every day that I use my new computer. The height might be fine for someone taller than me, I am 5'2".

    Does anyone know if there is a base that adjust the height, and that will fit this monitor? It will adjust forward and backward, but the height does not adjust. My last computer monitor sat nearly on the desk, so it was much lower, and was easy on me. Hope you can help, I am in pain.

    tdkerner, Aug 8, 2006