FX 1100 quadro won't run under xppro when driver is loaded

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Mackconsult, Jul 3, 2005.

  1. Mackconsult

    Mackconsult Guest

    I have just upgraded the firmware on my MSI motherboard thinking this was
    the issue, but it did not fix it. Purchased a new FX1100 recently on ebay,
    I have installed it on two different computers now and it does the same
    exact thing.

    When driver is not installed it pushes the DVI desktop down to two 23" LCD
    monitors just fine. As soon as the driver is installed XP boots up and then
    all the sudden the monitors go to sleep, and never wake up????? I am able
    to uninstall the driver and voila the monitors fire back up just fine, but
    there is no driver present so I can't span the desktop across the two 23"
    monitors. Have been to the solidworks site and tried installing older
    driver versions, but the same exact thing happens.

    I can't figure this out for the life of me. Could it be the video card???
    Could it be my power supply???? Its a pretty heavy duty case, and so I
    think there is a 300 to 350 watt power supply ....

    Any help would be appreciated, I need something soon to get this up and
    running other wise I will have to return this card and resort to another
    manufacturer.

    System specifications:
    MSI KT6 Delta motherboard
    AMD athlon 1.1 GHZ -> moving to 2.2 GHZ