    is a wise thing to do. Any links to reviews or benchmarks that compare tehse
    cards would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Cory

    Cory Dunkle, Aug 30, 2003

  2. Cory Dunkle

    Hamman Guest

    Definitly keep the GF4 Ti card, the FX5200 sucks

    Hamman, Aug 30, 2003

  3. If you don't use AA and/or AN or Texture Sharpening, the Ti4200 is
    substantially faster than the FX5200. If you turn AA and AN up all the way,
    the two cards are about equal. Some games aren't playable if AA and AN are
    turned up all the way with either card. Depends also on resolution and CPU
    speed.

    www.tomshardware.com Look at the ATI 9600 Pro review. It compares the FX5200
    and Ti4200 to quite a few others.

    For $20 I'd buy it and sell it on eBay for $50. :)

    Too_Much_Coffee ®

    Too_Much_Coffee ®, Aug 30, 2003
  4. The GF4 Ti4200 is the better. The only thing the GF FX5200 has
    over the GF4 Ti4200 is DX9 shader support. For $20.00, your problably
    buying someone's used card that didn't do their homework, and bought
    the crippled 64bit memory bus FX5200. The 128bit memory bus FX5200 is
    on par with the GF3 Ti200. Most 128bit versions do come with fans, as
    one guy tried to say the FX5200s don't come with fans. Either way,
    even the FX5200 Ultra is outperformed by a GF4 Ti4200.

    Larry Roberts, Aug 31, 2003
  5. Cory Dunkle

    CeeBee Guest

    I have a FX5200 with fan. It seems the ones without fan are 64 bit, with
    the fan 128 bit.

    --
    CeeBee

    Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
    Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

    Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

    CeeBee, Aug 31, 2003

  6. Most are. One example of a fanless 128bit FX5200 though is the
    XFX GF FX5200.

    Larry Roberts, Sep 1, 2003
  7. Cory Dunkle

    jF Guest

    I bought a Geforce FX 5200 128-meg Fanless specifically because it
    doesn't have a fan. Sick of fans failing, and fan noise in general.
    It's the evga one, has 128-bit RAM, and does fine. Yes it gets hot,
    but I don't care. It plays games better than the Geforce 2 Ultra I had
    in it before, (Quake 3, UT, etc etc.) so i can't complain. Though I do
    most of my gaming on my xbox these days. Though who has time to play
    video games? Haha..

    jF

    jF, Sep 2, 2003