FX 5700 VIVO card and nvidia 81.85 drivers

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Paul Williamson, Nov 6, 2005.

  1. Hi people

    I have an MSI video card with an NVidia FX 5700 VIVO chipset.

    I can do video capture using version nvidia 78.01 drivers with version
    2.26 of the nvida capture drivers.

    I have updated to version nvida 81.85 of the video drivers.
    Unfortunately this breaks the video capture drivers - even after
    reinstalling the capture drivers. When I revert back to version 78.01
    of the Nvidia video drivers I get back video capture funtionality.

    I even tried completely uninstallling all nvidia drivers and restarting
    before installing version 81.85 and the capture drivers

    Brief PC set up:

    WinXP pro SP2 and all patches
    Asus P5P800 motherboard, 1 gig ram, 160 gg HDD (100 gig free)

    I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if they have managed
    to solve it - what the solution is

    regards

    Paul Williamson, Nov 6, 2005

  2. Paul Williamson

    Conor Guest

    Stay with the drivers that work. The latest ones have very little to
    offer older cards, mainly focussing on the newwer ones and improving
    SLI.

    Conor, Nov 6, 2005