FX5600, Dual Monitor, DVI and Overlay combination problem

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Mark Roberts, Nov 28, 2003.

  1. Mark Roberts

    Mark Roberts Guest

    Hi

    I have a MSI FX5600, am running two LCD screens, one using the DVI,
    the other VGA.

    Since the DVI one is definately clearer, I have made it the Primary
    screen and have set it to the left of the other one (Screen order 2
    then 1, dual display mode).

    The only thing is that overlay doesn't seem to work if the primary
    screen is anything other than 1 (vga).

    I have reset primary screen to screen 1 to get overlay to work, but
    this means that all applications, dialog boxes etc. etc. open in this
    screen (physically, the right-hand screen).

    Is there any way to get overlay to work on a non-primary screen, or to
    have the vga screen and primary but have all dialogs etc. default to
    the left-hand (DVI, non-primary) screen?

    Otherwise a very good card!

    Thanks,
    Mark.

    Mark Roberts, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Mark Roberts

    Seahorse Guest

    Following prompt first aid from the medic
    (Mark Roberts) managed to scrawl the following bloodstained message On
    28 Nov 2003 13:38:42 -0800:
    Are you running both monitors at the same resolution and refresh rate?
    The refresh was what caused the problem for me.
    ---------
    Rgds Mike
    Remove XXX to reply

    Baldrick, if I wanted to talk to a vegetable, I would have bought one

    WWW.Dead-Fish.Com - Deep Sea Daddies...
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=the_Seahorse

    Seahorse, Nov 29, 2003