[FX5600] problem exiting some direct3D applications ?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by ho alexandre, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. ho alexandre

    ho alexandre Guest

    Hi all !

    I've got a problem, I can't quit UT (the one released in 1999, not UT2003).

    I can play with it using Direct3D, just like a did last year, but now
    when I quit, the program actually quits, but then my screen does not
    receive any signal. My keyboard is not blocked since I can still check
    the 3 leds on top of my num pad.

    Here is my config :
    DirectX 9.0b
    VC : Asus V9560 (based on GeForceFX5600) with Asus driver #44.71C

    I play fullscreen, same resolution & color depth as on my windows
    desktop (1280x960 32bits).

    I have the same problem with Rogue Spear Black Thorn.
    I don't have any problem with Morrowind which uses Direct3D too.
    When I use OpenGL for UT1999 I can quit properly, but playing is then a
    pain in the 4ss.

    I don't understand, back when I had my Matrox G200, or even when I had
    my Kyro II, I could play & quit, is my graphic card too sexy ? In that's
    the case, why don't I have problems with Morrowind or the UT2003 demo ?

    I thank you in advance for any answer that would help be reach the Truth
    (I want to believe). Except "nVidia suxxor cuz ATI rule da world".

    *another dumb question* : I see that Asus provides its own drivers, but
    nVidia also does. I have always used the Asus drivers, should I take the
    nVidia ones ?

    ho alexandre, Aug 23, 2003

  2. ho alexandre

    ho alexandre Guest

    I did install the correct driver for my monitor. Thanks for giving an
    answer.

    ho alexandre, Aug 24, 2003

  3. you might want to try the 45.23 WHQL detonators from www.nvidia.com as
    they seem to incorporate many fixes to many odd things. The 44.71 are
    actually based on nVidia beta drivers so it might help if you use the
    latest detonators.

    I have used Asus drivers when they are at the same level or later as are
    the latest detonators, but if they are behind, then I'd go for the
    detonators.

    Mario

    Mario Kadastik, Aug 25, 2003