    software says it can go WAYYY higher than standard (autodetect)

    Cheers
    James

    Coyoteboy, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Coyoteboy

    TomG Guest

    did you try a reboot to see if the desktop got squared away? what version
    drivers are you running? I am running the 44.03 detonator drivers on an
    5900 Ultra without issue playing Q3 for hours on end.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 115,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Coyoteboy

    Coyoteboy Guest

    Yeah, rebooting cured it that time and I've not had it since. Im running the
    latest drivers so I'm presuming it is either a base case airflow thing or
    just one of those oddities that you sometimes get :)

    Cheers
    James

    Coyoteboy, Sep 11, 2003
  4. Coyoteboy

    Coyoteboy Guest

    No, actually I lied, it came back again after another game and it seems to
    drastically slow down the vid card too - I'm actually watching the windows
    'peel' into view when it happens :(

    Jb

    Coyoteboy, Sep 11, 2003
  5. Coyoteboy

    TomG Guest

    what version drivers? 44.03 work well for me playing that very game.

    TomG, Sep 12, 2003
  6. Coyoteboy

    Coyoteboy Guest

    Well I thought I was using the latest, but I have upgraded to the latest
    from nvidia and all runs sweetly so far.....where did i put that wood?! :)

    Cheers for the input
    James

    Coyoteboy, Sep 12, 2003
  7. Coyoteboy