FX5700LE - extremely poor full screen video performance after MB + Processor upgrade

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Dale Sampson, Oct 5, 2005.

  1. Dale Sampson

    Dale Sampson Guest

    I just replaced my MB & Processor > Abit AV8 (VIA chipset) + AMD 4200 x2,
    replacing and ASUS A7N8X (Nvidia2) + AMD 3200+. Removed all the old Nvidia
    drivers (except video) & installed the VIA / processor drivers. All seemed
    ok except the display wasn't acting right so I uninstall video drivers,
    booted with Std. VGA & then reinstalled them (tried two versions 66.x &
    78.01). Multiple desktops enabled ( 2 monitors).

    Everything works ok except: if I enable full screen video & play any video
    (mpg, avi, dvd) (any player) the system slows to a crawl (mouse barely even
    will move). With it turned off, full screen within a player is ok.

    OS - XPsp2, DirectX9c.

    Any ideas what might be the problem?

    Thanks,
    Dale