    cheap normally.

    Would advise you run to a store =now= if you want one -- are selling out
    fast.

    David Chien, May 27, 2004

  2. David Chien

    OTG Guest

    :>www.circuitcity.com in their ad for the 27-29 Memorial day sale.
    :>
    :>Excellent price on a basic notebook, and they certainly don't come this
    :>cheap normally.
    :>
    :>Would advise you run to a store =now= if you want one -- are selling out
    :>fast.

    As I noted in another reply:

    A word of warning. Unlike virtually every other Toshiba made in the last 2
    years this "special" model is not wifi ready. There are no antenna cables
    installed and no on-off switch for the wifi installed. It uses the same
    system board as the other A45 models so it has the socket for the mini-pci
    card which is useless without the other supporting hardware.

    OTG, May 28, 2004

  3. David Chien

    Alesandra Guest

    What does it need to be WiFi?

    Alesandra, May 29, 2004
  4. It doesn't have internal Wi-Fi, or even the provisions for adding it, so
    you would use a PC Card or a USB Wi-Fi card. I don't view this as a
    major drawback. Cost would be anything from $10 to $80, depending on
    exactly what you bought, PC Card vs. USB and 802.11b vs. 802.11a/g.

    Barry Watzman, May 29, 2004