    prefer the added functionality of the Wacom Penabled driver such as
    defining the side button action for middle-clicking, but the crashes are
    just too frequent. I did submit this one to the Wacom folks.

    Metavalent, Dec 10, 2004

  2. Metavalent

    Chris H. Guest

    Have you tried adjusting the settings (All Programs/Wacom/Tablet PC/Wacom
    Pen Settings? There is actually a "front-end" installed with the Penabled
    drivers.

    Chris H., Dec 10, 2004

  3. Metavalent

    Metavalent Guest

    Yes, I actually did do that and that's what I most lamented losing.

    Then, I did a little more research and actually RTFM'd (the Readme in
    this case) and found that the recommendation is to entirely remove the
    previous driver, not just Update it. I also recalled that disabling
    anti-virus can be a factor.

    So I've given it one more shot ... disabled AV ... completely removed
    old driver. Rebooted. THEN installed the Penabled driver. So far, an
    entire afternoon with no BSOD's! I'll keep you posted.

    Metavalent, Dec 11, 2004
  4. Metavalent

    Chris H. Guest

    Darn manuals and the information they've got in them. What will happen
    next? :cool: Hope the progress continues.

    Chris H., Dec 11, 2004