    screen. I blew out the slot and repeated it three times, same result.
    Help!
    David

    David C. Powell, Jan 3, 2004

  2. David C. Powell

    Don Bruder Guest

    See if you can get things to boot without it in the slot. If so, it's
    probably (almost certainly) a bad DIMM. Also, be aware that the POST
    (Power-On Self-Test) is known to take longer with larger DIMMs/total RAM
    in the system, so your concept of "gets stuck" *COULD* be perfectly
    fine, if you just give it a bit more time. (Unlikely, but it is one
    possible reason for the perceived problem)

    Don Bruder, Jan 3, 2004

  3. David C. Powell

    Chris Moore Guest

    It has recently been brought to my attention that not all PC133 RAM
    works in place of machines that use PC100. The package should state if
    it's not I believe. At least it did in the one case that I know of
    where the RAM didn't work.

    See:
    http://www.google.com/groups?q=pc133+author:&hl=e
    n&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=br825o%242hdf%241%40agate.berkeley.edu&rnum
    =2

    Chris Moore, Jan 3, 2004