    down HDs" are both un-checked.

    Anything else to look at? Thanks!

    [please see related post about telnet sleeping!]

    Steven Kan, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Certain (actually many) older PCI cards will interfere with deep sleep.
    SCSI cards, video cards, etc. xlr8yourmac.com trys to keep track of some
    of them, and is a good place to get familiar with the issue.

    Also, some hubs and other peripherals can interfere with deep sleep. Try
    this: strip the machine back to stock, set sleep to 1 minute, then start
    adding back devices until you find the culprit.

    Phil Lefebvre, Jul 23, 2003

  3. MY DP450 has the same problem that Steve Kan's DP450 has. I had an
    Adaptac 2930 SCSI board installed that I quit using when I replaced my
    Jaz and Syquest SCSI drives by a Firewire CD burner. So I removed the
    SCSI board and any file that had Adaptec in its name. Same old problem.

    Are their other files witaout Adaptec in their name, which were
    necessary for proper Adaptec 2930 operation that I could now remove?

    Thanks.

    Mel Comisarow, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Actually, the latest drivers should allow deep sleep with the 2930. I
    have a 2930 in my Dual 1 GHz and deep sleep works fine. Regardless, once
    you pull the card the drivers won't load, so that is not your problem.

    Phil Lefebvre, Jul 24, 2003