    monitor.

    Thanks --

    -- And\y Barss

    Andrew Barss, Sep 28, 2005

  2. If you're looking for a better 2D quality the answer is a definitive YES.
    I have an old G400 without dvi, a gorgeous Sony 19" panel and a radeon
    9200 with dvi on another computer.
    I have 3 inputs, so I can check its quality in real time. The radeon is
    hooked on the dvi. Working at 1280x1024, 75Hz refresh for G400, 60 Hz
    (of course) for radeon.
    If you compare the same text you understand immediately what I mean.
    Colours are the same, but here end all similarities.
    What a pity that matrox decided not to support linux anymore with their P
    series products.

    Please, don't tell me that their drivers do work. Where is X86_64
    support?

    Tatanka Yotanka, Sep 28, 2005

  3. Andrew Barss

    Andrew Barss Guest

    Is the Sony a CRT or LCD monitor? She will be using an NEC CRT and a Dell
    digital LCD.

    -- Andy Barss

    --
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Andy Barss

    Andrew Barss, Sep 28, 2005
  4. Panel, i.e. lcd. HSX93, 19". Do they have a CRT with a dvi input? Don't
    think so.

    Tatanka Yotanka, Sep 29, 2005
  5. Andrew Barss

    Andrew Barss Guest

    : On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 03:05:22 +0000, Andrew Barss wrote:
    :>
    : If you're looking for a better 2D quality the answer is a definitive YES.
    : I have an old G400 without dvi, a gorgeous Sony 19" panel and a radeon
    : 9200 with dvi on another computer.

    Is there any way to install both cards on the machine? I'm just thinking
    that the 128MB memory on the ATI might come in handy from time to time.

    Thanks for the advice --

    Andy Barss

    Andrew Barss, Sep 29, 2005
  6. Andrew Barss

    tod Guest

    I'm a Matrox fan and still use a Matrox G400 DH 32MB in a work computer.
    But the ATI X300 is a much newer design, stay with the ATI

    tod, Sep 29, 2005
  7. I suppose it's possible. The ati X300 is of course better in 3D, not by
    much however. Otherwise 128M are just useful if you do 3D.

    Look here for gpu comparisons:
    http://users.erols.com/chare/video.htm

    Tatanka Yotanka, Sep 29, 2005
  8. Andrew Barss

    Shaun Guest

    It's about 1000x faster in 3d, directx 9 compliant, etc etc Use Dvi
    out for the flat panel, use clear type option in Appearance > Effects
    …put the crt on the vga output.

    Btw, Matrox is AGP and the ATI is PCI Express so it was a dead issue
    from the start

    Shaun, Oct 11, 2005