GA-6VXE7+ with blaster live CT4830 and Windows 2000

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Moe, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. Moe

    Moe Guest

    Hello guys,

    I ran this in creative.products.sound_blaster.live and was told that I
    might get the answer here.

    I did a format to my W2K because it does not boot anymore. Everything
    works fine but my Live Value CT4830. It used to work fine with Windows
    2000 (and still works fine with 98 SE). It does not work now with W2K
    or XP. I've tried all the drivers I could find. W2K & XP say it is
    working fine, but no sound at all. Some programs (including latest
    driver) even say that there is no sound card detected.

    Any help is appreciated.

    System specs:
    Sound Card Internal: SB Live! Value
    Model Number: CT 4830
    Graphics/Video Card: ATI All-in-wonder Pro 128 AGP
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-6VXE7+ (VIA 693A AGPset)
    Processor: P III @ 700.

    Things I tried:
    - All PCI slots (sound blaster works with them all on Windows 98SE)
    - All drivers I found for the card.
    - Flashed with the latest BIOS using @BIOS via the Internet.
    - Removed/Installed/Reinstalled VIA's 4in1
    - Removed all cards but the ATI and the CT4830.

    thanks,

    -Moe

    Moe, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Moe

    Jim Davis Guest

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, get rid of that damned
    card. They were buggy are buggy and just a pain in the ass.

    Refuse to buy Creative again and show them how you feel about their
    products. Some people say, oh mine works fine. Great, next time you
    have to reinstall windows, get back to me, chances are it'll be
    exploding your system and you'll go nuts and wish you never say the
    son of a bitch.

    One way I managed to get it installed was removing all traces of it,
    then whem windows found it, do not install it. Instead go to the
    desktp and install the latest Creative drivers. It might work, it
    might now.

    Jim Davis, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Moe

    Todd H. Guest

    I agree. I had that card in an Athlon based box and had nothing but
    f-in trouble with it.

    Todd H., Oct 10, 2003