    Can anyone help with advice here , please ?

    B.N.
    To reply remove "admiral_"

    admiral_victory, Oct 19, 2003

  2. admiral_victory

    Alien Zord Guest

    That's most likely a PCI modem. Have a look at the markings of its main
    chip, its could be a Rockwell RS56, RH56, Conexant CX1xxx, Ambient or Intel
    Ambient, Motorola or such like. Use Google to find a driver, if you can't
    the post the model no. here.

    Alien Zord, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Thanks for the reply - now that you mention a modem I notice that
    there are no modems listed in DM !

    I should explain here that , previous to the upgrade to XP , I changed
    from a dialup modem to an external Broadband connection which is
    working OK. So far I haven't got around to removing the old dialup
    modem from the PC - when I do I suppose that will remove the yellow
    question mark.

    Thanks for the advice anyway.

    B.N.
    To reply remove "admiral_"

    admiral_victory, Oct 20, 2003
  4. admiral_victory

    Alien Zord Guest

    When we got broadband at home I decided to leave the analogue modems in our
    PCs for backup purposes just in case the BB fails. They are also useful for
    sending faxes.

    Alien Zord, Oct 20, 2003
  5. Good idea - thanks for the prompt relies

    Aren't NG's great - to think I used to use Tech Support " Free "
    Dialup !!!

    B.N.

    To reply remove "admiral_"

    admiral_victory, Oct 20, 2003